Thursday, February 4, 2010

Things I Love Thursday

Photo credits: Carl Loves Somersets
Do I have a list for you today!  I got up extra early just to give you readers a tasty morsel!

Waking up and getting things done: So this is pretty obvious because I already said it.  I was able to get my laundry done, schedule a much needed appointment, and write down all the things I need to get done.  How awesome???

Drinking coffee from an endless cup: So, waking up really early means I need to drink coffee or else I fall asleep and get nothing done.  My mom recently got me some GIANT coffee cups!  She sells Longenburger (sp?) products and gets me a bunch of stuff at a discount.  I never used the cups until this morning and let me tell you, it was amazing!!!

Writing my TILT list in a purple fountain pen in a monkey notebook:  I got a Paul Frank monkey notebook for Christmas and I use it for everything.  My boyfriend got a pack of disposable fountain pens and one of them was purple so I took it.  It writes so nicely and the shade of purple is FANTASTIC!

Breakfast: Breakfast, as we all know, is the most important meal of the day.  It gives your metabolism the kick it needs to get you through the day.  I like eggs sunny side up with some shredded cheese and toast (with hello kitty's face on it).  How yummy???  I love getting a good breakfast that isn't cereal...cereal can be just so boring.  Also, I have been really into juice.  I LOVE Simply Orange Juice (pineapple with no pulp).  Eggs, toast, and juice is definitely a winning combo in my book!

Getting Classwork Done: At the beginning of the week, I realized just how much work I had to get done in the coming week.  I have never been one for organization, so I thought it was about time to look over my resolutions.  I wrote down all the assignments and when they were due and just took some time every day to work on them.  Now, instead of 3 quizzes, 2 tests, and a bunch of readings to get done, I have 2 tests and one  more reading.  It is so much more manageable now.  I have all my assignments written down in my pocket organizer and my refrigerator so I know what is going on no matter where I am.

Cheap Textbooks:  Many college students get their textbooks from their university book store or, often times, half.com.  Both places will over charge you for what you are getting.  Abebooks.com and Chegg.com offers you the books you need for lower prices.  Abe Books is a good  place to go to if your professor allows for previous editions of books.  I often see $150 books go for about $30-50.  Chegg is a book rental site.  From my limited experiance, they have the newest editions of text books for similar prices.  You can borrow for a semester or more (if you request an extension).  The best part of Chegg is that for every book you rent, they plant a tree.

Spending the Morning in Pajamas:  I had a lot of free time this morning between the time I woke up and the time I had to go class.  While I was doing laundry, I wore fuzzy pajamas.  They are so warm and soft.  I LOVE spending time in them.

Dryer Warm Laundry:  Who doesn't love to cuddle up next to towels, sheets, and clothes straight from the dryer?  So warm and soft...

Watching the Sun Rise:  Normally, I sleep in as long as I can, which means that I can only ever see the sun set.  Sun rises are really pretty and I haven't had the opertunity to see one since high school.  The pale pink dancing with the blues...It was perfect!

Video Games Live: This is a touring concert that performs at various venues and is making its way to Heinz Hall February 11 and 12.  I am trying everything I can to go and see it, but funds are tight so I am not sure I can go.  My brother went to the show in Buffalo and he had back stage passes or something.  He scored me an autographed program from everybody.  How cool???

photo credit: Andrew Jalali

And the consolidated list: Pink tutus, Radical Self Love Month, The Office (the US version...I haven't really seen the UK version), making new friends, staying up really late with old friends, having really soft hair (yay Lush!), Netflix instant queue, PianoSquall, making rocks fizz (geology lab experiment), tweeting with my brother, string cheese (yum!!!), Dokopon Kingdom, Benedryl (it makes me not itchy so I can sleep), Simply Chic Collections (They will be getting their inventory posted this weekend.  Check out "Maggie's Collection"), TV Kitty (a cute pink kitty that sits on top of my tv), my loving and caring boyfriend, flowers, Valentines Day anticipation, anticipation of new glasses (I have been needing new ones for quite sometime), hilarious jokes that are terrible (What is the difference between Tiger Woods and Santa?  Santa stopped at 3 hoes), cute pictures of my silly puppy (they are not on this computer, but will be posted soon), and debating which Final Fantasy games are actually good (I have one friend who says 7 is the best, my boyfriend is obsessed with 8, and I find 6 to be the best and 9 much more enjoyable than 8).
Just a bit of silliness for that extra smile!

So much love this week!  It astounds me how many things there are to love in a single week!  What about you my sweet dumplings?

No comments:

Post a Comment