Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Radical Self Love Questions


Photo credits: Angy Fotografie

So, there is a list of questions for how we are going about this experiance.  You get an exclusive look at what my answers are!

What does RADICAL SELF LOVE mean to you?
 ~It means being as much as my 3-year-old self as possible.  I was happy, care-free, and completely confident!

If you were engaging in RADICAL SELF LOVE on a daily basis, what would that look like?
 ~It would look like a fairy princess

What small pieces of that can you bring into your life TODAY?
~I am currently wearing a neon pink tutu.

Which qualities or attributes would you like to bring into your own life via the application of RADICAL SELF LOVE?
~I would like to have more confidence.  I am sick of backing down on things I know I shouldn't.  I also would like to be able to dress the way I want without the fear of people mocking me behind my back.

What beliefs do you currently hold that are stifling your regular expression of RADICAL SELF LOVE?
~I believe that if i do things in my own way, I will inevitably be mocked endlessly.

Are the people & activities in your life HELPING or HINDERING you in your quest for RADICAL SELF LOVE? Would you be better off without them?
~I would be entirely lost without the people in my life.  They know how I am and they have noticed such a huge improvement in how I am since I started going to Gala's blog back in March.  I also think that the activities in my life inspire me to be more me.  I like video games and anime as well as making clothing and accessories.  I think these activies mesh well because anime characters and video game characters have such unique and unusual outfits.   I can't often find the types of items that these characters wear, so I need to make them.  I feel strongly that the people and activies in my life are helping me achieve my goals of becoming a better me.

How can you reflect RADICAL SELF LOVE in the way you speak, the way you dress, the way you decorate your house, the work you do?
~I feel that for my budget, the way I dress reflects the idea of Radical Self Love.  I think I could speak more calmly and use less vulgar language.  The way my place is decorated can't really change.  I hate white walls, but I am renting this apartment, so no repainting.  I can't put much of anything on the walls because they are textured.  I have cute pillows and lamps, but there isn't much more I can do to this apartment.  As for work, I do crafting projects on a commission basis, but my fast food job is what pays my bills.  I haven't been getting many hours, nor am I being cross-trained.  This could result in me trying to find a new job.  Let's just see how it turns out for next week when I was told I will be getting more days and finally being cross-trained (like I have been begging for months).
Who could you use as a RADICAL SELF LOVE role model?
 Aside from the obvious answer of Gala Darling, who started all this, I would choose my puppy.  She gets so excited to see anybody and is very quick to show affection.  When I come home after weeks away, she doesn't care that I have been gone, just that I am back and that we are going to have fun.


photo credits: melting dolls

How about you answer these questions? You don't necessarily need to post them here, on your own blog, or anywhere on the web. Just use the answers to these questions to help you though the rest of the month.

<3
Mag~elicious

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I stumbled on your site from gala and you said you're an hour north of pittsburgh? If you don't mind, I'd love to know what general area, as pittsburgh's an hour south of me! I'm in ohio though, near the warren/youngstown area, and I'm excited to see someone so close doing the radical self love thing too!

    ReplyDelete