Saturday, June 12, 2010

Things I Love Thursday

Ok, I know that today is CLEARLY Saturday, but I was having difficulty getting my laptop connecting to the internet (all human error which makes me feel rather silly).

I was also having trouble coming up with a theme this week to...sorry.  But, I do have a list of happy love stuffs!  Here we go!



Toaster Oven: It has a setting just for cookies! Now, I can also get back to eating healthy again! It even came with a quick guide for how to cook many kinds of food and on which setting (and for roughtly how long). It can take a frozen chicken break and cook it through in 40 minutes (I know that that is kind of a while, but sometimes that can be a good thing because then I can do something else while it is cooking)!

Knitting: My mom taught me how to knit while I was up in New York. I sort of knew how to knit when I was little, but I wasn't making anything and quickly got bored with it. I already have a few projects in mind too! One of them is the scarf from when Tom Baker was Dr. Who (this is from back in the '70's). My boyfriend REALLY wants this scarf, and it is a pretty awesome scarf. It is CRAZY LONG!!

Ponyo: This is a new Miyazaki film and it is SOO cute!!! It is roughtly based on The Little Mermaid and is full of the traditional Miyazaki adventure and whimsey! If you have liked any Studio Ghibli film, watch this movie!

Firefly/Serenity: Pretty sure this is going to be my theme for next week. This show/movie is absolutely incredible! The story has you sitting at the edge of your seat and the characters are so lovible (including the not so lovible characters). I will keep the rest of the reasons I like it a secret until I can get pictures, video clips, and quotes for next week. I have been recomending this to everybody I have talked to!

Nice Weather: There is so much I want to do right now because the weather is just so beautiful! I want to plan a picnic, go to the zoo, play frisbee, lay out in the sun, take pictures, and start drawing again (scenery this time, not people).

“Sid Meier Civilization: Revolution”: This is the first of the Civilization games I have played, but it is really fun! There are 16 different nations you can play as and the game starts out in 4000B.C. There are so many different ways to play and win that each game is unique!

Special Mentions: Burlesque dancing, cuddling, Garrett, the colors Pink and Purple, Lush products, nail polish, shower gloves, seeing a cowboy ride a horse (I saw this earlier in the week at work. No joke. He was wearing spurs and leather chaps with side fringe), Managers agreeing that the customers make you want to quit the job (I work at Taco Bell and the people who come in are really mean and order a ton of special items and complain if 1 tiny thing is wrong), Hanging out with my neighbors (because I SERIOUSLY haven't done that since I moved to college), New jewelry stand (it looks like a beautiful Asian style dress on a mannequin and I LOVE it!), Event anticipation (my dad's 50th b-day, going out to Columbus to hang out with Jenn and Jason of A&G Ohio, Going to to Rochester and Buffalo to geek out with people, and possibly also out to Seater Point and Phili), blankets, AC, and having everything clean!

Lots of love and happy going on here! How about you? I know this is a bit late, but what are you loving this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment