Thursday, September 2, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: Back in class

Photo found on google

Ack!  I keep not posting on here!  In the moving process (from my small place to my big place), I misplaced my internet cable!  But, I am back in class, have access to computer labs on a daily basis, and should be able to keep up with writing delightful morsels for you all to enjoy!  Here is what I have been in love with!

Structure: I love knowing I need to be somewhere at a certain time.  I love being better about what I eat.  I love the bouncy life energy that you can feel while walking around campus!  Sure, a quite summer with most of the students at home is nice, but sometimes it a bit too quiet.

My teachers: It seems like a have a ton of teachers who actually care about what they do this semester.  It is amazing the difference in educational quality that you recieve when a teacher cares compared to one who doesn't!  My one professor tries to make class fun by adding all kinds of music/sound effects to his power point slides.  I had him a few semesters ago and he even gave us a music quiz for the sake of having a music quiz (I think it was for extra points?)!  Another professor wanted everybody to introduce themselves in the front of the class and after each introduction, said where to find help for everybodies respective fields!  WHAT?
Photo found on google

Friends:  Most of my friends went home for the summer, and since I worked so much, I was unable to go and visit them (sad panda)!  Everybody is back now and it is GREAT!  I ran into my one friend (and his adorible girlfriend) a few times and we had a chance to really catch up! 

Style watching: Everybody dresses differently (DUH!) and it is kind of fun to see how different people style different pieces and such!  I saw a girl on monday with a Betsyville bag!  It was sequinned and awesome!  I also am seeing TONS of awesome book bags!  It almost makes me want to replace my pink Hello Kitty messanger bag!

Waking up early:  I feel like I can accomplish so much more if I just get my lazy butt out of bed a little bit earlier!  After the initial grawginess of waking up, I tend to feel wide awake pretty quickly, which is REALLY suprising!  Monday, I woke up at 6am, got a shower, and even had time to do 20 minutes of pilaties before I went to my 8am class!  I was even shocked at how much I got done!

Renee: This is a woman I work with and she can be REALLY funny! One day when I left, I said "Bye everybody!" and left. Garrett said bye back and Renee yelled at him! "Why didn't you tell her 'I love you' back?" It was hilarious! Then, she told me to have fun playing with my kittens tonight! She is so funny!


Photo found on google

Fresh baked bread: Growing up, my dad was always playing with a bread maker and the house smelled like a bakery. It was amazing! Last night was the first time in about 2 years since I made bread and it was SOO tasty! I got a bread mix (European Herb and Cheese) from the grocery store and it better than I thought it would be. It tastes like it was made from scratch!

Covered Litter Box: My kittens LOVE playing in their litter box and I am not sure why. Having a covered litter box cuts down the the amount of litter that gets tracked through-out the apartment and into the bed. I have only had it a day and already I can see so much of a difference! If you get kittens, covered litter boxes are the way to go!

Photo found on google
Stock photo of the cat condo

Giant Kitty Condo: Just earlier today, Garrett took me out to get the kitties a nice kitty condo.  We have been looking around for a while because we knew we wanted to get them something bigger than 18 inches tall.  After months of looking, we found one close to where we live (no shipping!) and we picked it up earlier today.  The kitttens loved it SO MUCH that they started playing on it before it was even fully assembled!  HAHA!  Those kittens are so adorible and hilarious!

Amazon Student: Free Amazon Prime for a year just because I am a student??? Free 2-day shipping??? You would have to be MAD to not think that is an amazing deal! JUMP ON THAT!

Netflix: I keep finding all kinds of treasures on Netflix. I have been watching all kinds of things I haven't heard of before (I don't have cable, so I don't get commercials). Because of that, I never get to hear about Cashmere Mafia or Love and Other Disasters (both are hilarious)! Plus, there are a ton of TV shows I LOVED as a kid!

Phantom of the Opera: My school has tickets to see Phantom down in Pittsburgh for $10 and it includes transportation!  WHAT???  I have always wanted to see a stage performance of Phantom since I was about 11.  Now that I am 22, I have an oppertunity that I REALLY don't want to miss.  I just need to ensure I can get 2 tickets and the night off from work.

So, I actually combined 2 different TILT posts that I found (I really need to keep better track of some of the posts I write).  I have had an amazing week back at school (despite works attempts to ruin everything) and can't wait to see what I learned this semester!  Are you in school now?  If so, was your first week back awesome?  I would LOVE to hear from you about what you love right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment