Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Make it your own!

Wow, so it has been a long time since I made a real post. Not a lot has happened...working mostly and not being around a computer has contributed to a lack of new posts. Also, finishing up Final Fantasy 6 is eating up most of my free time. Having a few friends over tonight just to hang out (all people I work with, plus their significant other and kids). I WILL get back on track with posting though! Now, for your feature presentation:

I bought myself a new purse! It is bright blue and awesome. I think that I can make it more me...more personalized. I like to modify things by adding something to it. So, I went to a few craft stores (Joanns, Michaels, and a local bead shop) and picked up a few charms (mostly heart shaped ones since my focal piece is a large purple heart). Now, I know how to weave some chain mail (a basic European 4-in-1). I am going to make a diamond shaped 4-in-1 and at the base of it, attach the main heart. I will learn how to make one of the many styles of cord and attach the rest of the charms. All of this is going on the large ring that attaches to the purse strap. Project finished!

Find something you like and make it your own. Modifying stuff isn't that hard. All you need are a few tools and a sourse of inspiration. Google can be your friend. Many other people modify lots of stuff and you can just look at what they did, and try to re-create it. Give it a try! If you are hesitant, try a practice run (or don't do modification that involves cutting).

~LOVE~
Mag-elicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment